The Remanufacturing Industries Council is seeking a new t-shirt design for global Reman Day 2019.
As a key member of the circular economy, Reman Day demonstrates the innovative ways companies from all industry sectors are advancing remanufacturing and substantiates the positive environmental impact of this global industry. In 2018, over a 127 Reman Day events were celebrated in 17 countries across 6 continents.
Remanufacturing is a comprehensive and rigorous industrial process by which a previously sold, leased, used, worn, or non-functional product or part is returned to a “like-new” or “better-than-new” condition, from both a quality and performance perspective, through a controlled, reproducible, and sustainable process.
Remanufacturing saves, on average, 85% of energy use, 86% of water use, and 85% of material use compared to new goods. In the US alone, remanufacturing supports 180,000 full time jobs and produces more than $45 billion of remanufactured goods per year.
T-Shirt Contest Rules and Guidelines
The winning contest design will be used on the official 2019 Reman Day t-shirt.
Your design can be on the front of the shirt only and must have the Reman Day logo visible on the front of the design. Do not alter, redesign, redraw, modify, distort or alter the proportion of the Reman Day logo in any way. Do not place a pattern or design on the logo. Do not rotate or render the marks three-dimensionally. Do not replace the approved typeface in the logo with any other typeface.
You may submit up to two designs, but they must be submitted as separate entries.
Your design must be wholly original. By submitting a design, you are guaranteeing that you hold rights to everything in it, and that it does not contain any copyrighted material, including images/copy found on the internet, unless clearly marked as published under a creative commons (cc) license.
Designs will be judged on the following criteria:
- Concept/originality/relevance to remanufacturing
- Striking and memorable design
- Visibility – eye-catching and visible from a reasonable distance
- Completeness of design – must be ready for print
- Feasibility/must be easy to reproduce
Prizes will be awarded to first, second, and third place winners:
- First place: Dyson V7 Motorhead Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
- Second place: LG 0.9 cu ft microwave
- Third place: Sunseeker 26CC Curved Shaft Grass Trimmer
- Design submission should be saved to 300 dpi to produce a quality output. Acceptable files are high resolution JPGs, TIFFs, AI, PDF, and EPS files.
- The Reman Day logo colors are Pantone 299 C (blue) and Pantone 2270 C (green). More information on the logo colors and guidelines can be requested at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The design should be on the front of the shirt and should be contained within a 14 by 17 area.
- The color of the shirt will be dark grey, so this should be a consideration for the design.
Submission Guidelines and Agreement:
- All entries should be submitted to email@example.com along with your full name and phone number.
- The winning design will become the property of the Remanufacturing Industries Council and the Remanufacturing Industries Council will have exclusive printing rights. By submitting you agree that if your design wins, it can be used by the Remanufacturing Industries Council on a t-shirt and other promotional items, including the Reman Day and Remanufacturing Industries Council website and marketing and public relations materials. The winner and image of the design will be recognized in our e- newsletter and on social media.
- The contest begins on Thursday, October 11, 2018.
- You must submit your design by midnight ET, Thursday, December 11, 2018.
- Entries will be judged by the Remanufacturing Industries Council’s Marketing & Membership Committee and the RIC Remanufacturing Association Alliance.
- The winner will be notified by email no later than January 3, 2019.
- Note that the RIC reserves the right to make adjustments to the winning design.
By submitting you are agreeing to all contest rules. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Jenn Brake at 585-380-8041.